haute

2.08.2010

EAR FILTERS


"Prayer is what moves the heart of God....We're in serious trouble when the voice of God is not a priority...Make sure that your filter for hearing His voice is clean." - Mary Ann Brown

This morning, I was thinking about this idea of a clean filter for my ears
and I think that there are different colors of filters when hearing God's voice.

sometimes my filter is red because i am angry at someone or something and i when i hear Him it is filtered through anger.

sometimes my hearing filter is blue because i am depressed and what i hear is laced with hopelessness.

sometimes my filter is purple because i have slipped from confident to arrogant and my hearing is pride in myself.

sometimes my filter is orange because i have had too much caffeine and i am over zealous and what i hear comes out loud and obnoxious.

so, I came to the conclusion that my filter can be washed clean and made CLEAR by His Word. Then I can listen with respect to my King and My God and hear Him with a pure filter.


Below is from one of Beth Moore's studies and complements the hearing filter concept:

"The virtue "Gentleness" has 4 components: submission, humility, teachable and teaching ability. It stands between 2 extremes of: 1. uncontrollable and unjustified anger and 2. not becoming angry at all no matter what takes place around you."

"Gentleness is the power and strength created from submitting to God's will. It is responsibility with power."

My husband is naturally gentle, but I am not. I think that when my hearing filter is clean, then God's voice to me will be gentle and calm. And when I speak His words they will be clean and pure.

~ Scripture from Job ~

"A word was secretly brought to me, my ears caught a whisper of it....

My eyes have seen all this, my ears have heard and understood it...

Listen carefully to my words; let your ears take in what I say...

Men listened to me expectantly, waiting in silence for my counsel.

After I had spoken, they spoke no more; my words fell gently on their ears.

They waited for me as for showers
and drank in my words as the spring rain."

(NIV, Job 4:12, 13:1, 13:17, 29:21-23)

Jennifer Bowden


No comments: