haute

2.01.2012

~ sacrifice ~




I have missed writing and posting pics on my blog. My bestie Jessie inspired me to get back to it.

So...today is Feb. 1st 2012, the first day off of my month long fasting in January. While fasting last month, I talked to a new friend who is Catholic and she was talking a little about lent and that it makes her remember the Sacrifice of Christ. It was such a simple statement, but it has had profound meaning to me. After that day, every time I would crave dr. pepper or McDonalds french fries, I would hear that quiet voice in my spirit speak that one solitary word. Sacrifice. And I would think how very very small a sacrifice I was making compared to Christ's enormous sacrifice for me. Sometimes I would feel disgusted with myself because even though I had been fasting from 5 specific things, I had not been daily praying for the 5 things I had committed to pray about. My focus seemed to be only on what I could not have versus the more wonderful things that I could eventually have from God's hand: a stronger marriage, an adopted child, job stability, etc.

This morning I went to women's Bible study. The group leader at my table opened with these words, "As I was praying for you this morning, the Lord gave me a word for us at this table, I was expecting it to be something like freedom or prosperity, but the word is SACRIFICE." Yes. I am indeed at the right place, at the right time. Thank you Jesus that when I feel like I am going backwards, you affirm me and say, "Yes, you are exactly where I want you. I may have been quiet lately, but I am still with you."

1 comment:

Jess said...

love it darling. Keep it coming.