haute

7.10.2013

~ strumming ~

Recently at work I heard the song "Killing Me Softly" by the Fugees playing in the background. The song makes me think of High School days and I've always liked it, esp. the beat and the singer's soulish voice.  But this time, I heard the words "HEALING me softly." I love it when Holy Spirit communicates to me through song.

I listened to the words as brand new, as Jesus sending me a note. His voice saying I am "strumming your pain with my fingers, singing your life with my words, Healing you softly with my song, telling
your whole life with my words."  Tears came to my eyes as I sat at my desk and stared at my computer screen.  "I felt all flushed with fever, embarrassed by the crowd, I felt he found my letters and read each one out loud, I prayed that he would finish, but he just kept right on...."

He kept on Healing me.
Strumming my pain.
Running his fingers lightly across every hurt and producing a melody, a new sound.
Playing our unique tune.

No comments: