haute

3.05.2013

~ sunday morning ~

locked in between miles of linked-chairs behind and before me
shoulder to shoulder with strangers
feeling claustrophobic, wanting a little more personal space 
trying to relax after my morning coffee jolt and applying makeup while driving
playing beat the clock and rushing into the building, late again
i try to slow the pace of my mind
i look up on stage
dang, my fave girl is not here today
and then the next song starts
the music stills me
i know i know this one
but i can't recognize what song it is
the new girls sings familiar words
"your love has ravished my heart and taken me over and all i want is to be with you forever"
oh yes. this song.
one i love and play over and over in my kitchen
i close my eyes and open my mouth to sing, to you
"pull me a little closer take me a little deeper i wanna know your heart"
i breathe in and lift my hands palms open
singing "your love is so much sweeter than anything i've tasted"
my voice blends with those around me
hundreds are singing and we become one voice...
time to sit, no longer tense, settled.
the woman on my right says, "you have a beautiful voice"
"thank you."

~ This is what I seek
   to dwell in the house of the Lord
   to gaze up on His beauty and seek Him in his temple
   I hide in the shelter of his tabernacle
   I sing and make music to the Lord
   I lift my hands toward your most Holy place
   the Lord is my strength and my shield
   my heart leaps for joy, I give thanks to him in song
   Jesus, be my shepherd and carry me forever.
                                                            -from psalm 27&28

No comments: