haute

1.28.2013

~Romans 8:6 poem~

"I can't hear Him right now." -Spirit (weak)

"What was the last thing He said to you?" -Soul (irritated)

"I can't remember."-Spirit (foggy)

"Think!"-Soul (mind)

"He said He loved me. I remember laying my head down on my pillow and saying, 'I love you Jesus' and then I heard Him say back to me, 'I love you more.'" -Spirit (smiling)

"Is that all? Did He say anything else? Did He give you an assignment or something?" -Soul (strong will)

"I don't think so, but the other day in the grocery store He said that He loved my heart." -Spirit (laughing in remembrance of the sticker on a banana that said 'I love your heart', a love note from Jesus)

"OK, He loves you and your heart, got it. But what else? This is important. How are we going to know what to do next? I want to know the next plan of action.  We're too idle." -Soul (frustrated and all business)

"I remember once He said that there is an appointed time for everything and that what I was going to deliver was for an appointed people and time."-Spirit (relaxed)

"So, you think it's not time yet? Because we can't miss it." -Soul (anxious)

"We will pray and wait for Him." -Spirit (growing stronger)

"That's a good plan I guess." -Soul (submitting)

"Remember, 'Wait upon the Lord.'" -Spirit (finally leading)

"That's Isaiah 40:31. I'm starting to feel better. -Soul (emotional)

"And as soon as He says go or move, we won't hesitate and we will be ready." -Spirit (renewed)

"Exactly." -Soul (content)

"The mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace." -Romans 8:6

-Jennifer Bowden
1.28.2013

No comments: